Home > News > China

Chinalco seals deal to get foothold in Yunnan's aluminium market

Monday, May 28, 2018

   China’s largest state aluminium producer Chinalco has sealed a joint venture deal with the Yunnan government and the province’s state-run metal group, giving it its first foothold in the southwestern region’s aluminium market.

  Yunnan Metallurgical Group will be merged into a joint venture with Chinalco, according to a statement on Monday from Yunnan Metallurgical’s listed units, Yunnan Chihong Zinc & Germanium Co Ltd and Yunnan Aluminium Co Ltd.
  Chinalco will own 58 percent of the venture, with the Yunnan provincial government owning the remaining 42 percent, the statement said.
  The agreement is the latest sign that aluminium producers are seeking to gain greater access to smelting capacity in the south, where hydropower is abundant, as the government cracks down on coal-fired power.
  A spokesman for Chinalco confirmed it would be Chinalco’s first aluminium asset in the province.

Recommended exhibitions

China Lightweight Vehicle Summit 2018
China’s automobile industry development has faced with enormous pressure on energy and environmental protection. In ord......
Aluminum company promises to hire 550 in heart of Appalachia
An aluminum company says it will build a $1.3 billion plant in the heart of Appalachia, promising to hire 550 people and......
Aluminium China 2017 to Drive Industry Transformation in Lig
This year’s Aluminium China in Shanghai from 19-21 July is set to mark a new period of growth in the aluminium industry......
International aluminum meeting to include Northern Ontario c
Advocates for workers who were exposed to aluminum dust while working in Northern Ontario mines will present their work ......