Home > News > Canada

Canadian primary aluminum production rises in Feb y-o-y

Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020

   According to statistics from the Aluminum Association of Canada (AAC), Canadian primary aluminum production totaled around 238,000 tons in February, increasing by 8.6% compared to the same month a year ago, while dropping by nearly 5% from the previous month.

  In the first two months of this year, the total production of primary aluminum in China reached approximately 490,000 tons, a year-on-year increase of 5.8%.
  The main aluminum producers in Canada included Rio Tinto and Alcoa, and they had a total production capacity of 3.2 million tons.
  Besides, after the production from Becancour aluminum smelter was resumed in July 2019, the annual production capacity in Canada has been driven to 3 million tons, and the full production was expected to resume in mid-2020.
  Becancour aluminum smelter has an annual production capacity of 413,000 tons. 75% is owned by Alcoa, and the remaining 25% is held by Rio Tinto.

Recommended exhibitions

China Lightweight Vehicle Summit 2018
China’s automobile industry development has faced with enormous pressure on energy and environmental protection. In ord......
Aluminum company promises to hire 550 in heart of Appalachia
An aluminum company says it will build a $1.3 billion plant in the heart of Appalachia, promising to hire 550 people and......
Aluminium China 2017 to Drive Industry Transformation in Lig
This year’s Aluminium China in Shanghai from 19-21 July is set to mark a new period of growth in the aluminium industry......
International aluminum meeting to include Northern Ontario c
Advocates for workers who were exposed to aluminum dust while working in Northern Ontario mines will present their work ......